As an award-winning agency, we have plenty of success stories to tell–just take a look at the Work We Are Proud Of section. One example is Checkers & Rally’s.
When Checkers engaged No Limit Agency in 2011, they were looking for an agency that could “game change” for their brand. Franchise sales were stagnant and there was perceived “grease” on the brand with poor overall consumer opinions of the brand. Although risky, NLA went for the grand slam right off the bat, securing an appearance on Undercover Boss–an episode that ultimately won an Emmy. Today, the brand awards more than 80 locations, on average, a year, and its projectile is now positive. Since NLA started, the brand also exchanged private equity hands.
Some ways we have built the relationship:
- No Limit Agency placed Checkers & Rally’s, represented by CEO Rick Silva, on the CBS hit reality show “Undercover Boss.” NLA used the segment as a way to reintroduce the Checkers and Rally’s brand to the national media while better positioning the brands for growth and positive news coverage. Since the original airing, the Checkers “Undercover Boss” episode won a Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality Program, a first for the show, and NLA secured an additional segment on “Undercover Boss: Epic Bosses.”
- To date, NLA has secured 500+ media placements, with $75 million in PR value and $20 million in ad value.
- In addition to Undercover Boss, significant media placements include The Associated Press, FOX & Friends, FOX Business, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and Bloomberg Businessweek, as well as dozens of trade pieces and countless local television, newspaper and business journal placements.
- Checkers’ new freestanding, single-drive thru building design made its debut on “Undercover Boss.” With a lower investment cost and improved sales performance, this new restaurant prototype quickly saw a sales improvement of 50 percent versus the double-drive thru format it replaced.
- Checkers has engaged NLA for various projects, as well, including creating a grand opening plan that could be executed at future openings. NLA organized a six-week pre-opening plan followed by street team execution to help Checkers launch new and remodeled units.